TYPES OF NURSES IN GHANA AND THEIR UNIFORMS.
The nursing profession is regarded as one of the most noble professions in Ghana. Check out the types of nurses uniform in Ghana.
This is due to the act of dedication exhibited by its workers.
Currently, the health sector has recruited lots of nurses as a result of the high level of demand for their services.
READ MORE >>> FREE ONLINE CPD COURSES FOR NURSES AND MIDWIVES IN GHANA
A lot of people will agree with me their services have become very essential due to the emergence of the novel corona virus.
Just like every profession, there are certain unique features that make employees distinct from one another.
In the nursing fraternity, differentiation is based on a number of factors. However, with Ghanaian nurses, the distinctions are usually based on the color of uniforms they wear.
The color of their uniforms is based on the level of qualification one possesses.
READ MORE>>> HIGHEST PAID NURSES IN GHANA
To satisfy your curiosity on the differences among these uniforms, I will be providing readers with some relevant information on how an individual can differentiate one rank from the other.
As we speak, there are eleven categories of nurses in Ghana.
- District Director nurses wear the white uniform with a belt.
- Certificate nurses wear green uniform with a green collar.
- Degree nurses wear white uniforms while Diploma nurses wear green uniforms with white collar.
- Nursing practitioners wear any multicolored dress they prefer.
- Community health nurses who are certificate holders wear the brown uniform while degree midwifes wear white uniforms.
- Diploma midwifes wear green uniforms while senior nursing officers wear blue uniforms.
- Mostly, theatre nurses wear scrubs whilst scrub nurses wear scrub uniforms.
- Depending on qualification levels, a mental health nurse may be identified by either a green or white uniform.
Thank you 🙏